Monday, September 24, 2007

Rollyo (more week 5)

I used Rollyo to create two new search engines. One I titled Kids Crafts and the other Kids Science. These are to help me come up with project ideas for the programs that I do at the library. Here is my attempt to link to my search rolls. I'm not sure if it will work or not http://www.rollyo.com/smbeliveau/

I can see many uses for Rollyo in the reference world. This Web 2.0 technology could really help librarians weed out undesirable search results by only selecting the reputable sources they like to rely on. I was a bit disappointed that there is not an advanced search feature. I also looked for search tips, like is truncation allowed? Should we use boolean search terms? I was unable to find this information on their site. Overall, though I had fun and I'll continue to edit my searchrolls until I'm consistently happy with the results.

No comments: