Monday, September 24, 2007

Technorati (Week 6 continued)

I was exposed to Technorati several months ago when Polly suggested that we search for our library's name to see what people might be blogging about us. Today I experimented with it a bit more, but I have no desire to claim my blog, or spend much time on the site searching for what others are saying.

I watched the tutorial, but I could not follow through with some of the instructions on the PLCMC blog. We are instructed to do the following: "Take a look at Technorati and try doing a keyword search for “Learning 2.0” in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory. Are the results different?" The tutorial showed this, but I am wondering if the site has been changed. I can't figure out how to search this way. If anyone can, please let me know.

Overall, I find the number of blogs out there daunting and really feel that searching them would be useless. I would rather keep up to date on blog favorites by using something like Bloglines.

No comments: