Monday, September 10, 2007

Week 3 - O.K. I'm a bit behind...

Well, Here I am running behind on my Web 2.0 lessons. Last week I did go to Flickr and I took the Flickr Tour. I even took notes on how to upload, organize, and share photos on Flickr. I opened my very own Flickr account. You can view pictures from my recent vacation at http://www.flickr.com/photos/smbeliveau/! What a great way to share photos with friends and family. However, they would have to be friends and family who are also into Flickr and Web 2.0 technology - like my brother in law, for instance: http://www.flickr.com/photos/obkimmer. Kim is constantly uploading pictures to Flickr straight from his camera phone.

I can't help but have my doubts about how Flickr can be used to promote a library. Anybody know of a specific library that utilizes Flickr? I, personally, am not that into digital photography and I don't see myself spending a lot of time playing on Flickr. And once you have a Flickr account, how do you get people to look at it? Kim has had his account for a very long time, and I just now have taken an interest, mostly because of these Web 2.0 lessons.

Learning about this stuff is fun, but how much can it really apply in the library world? I know - now I'm really gonna get it. Well, at least I'll now if anyone is reading. That's another thing - I don't think I'm interesting enough to have a blog that people will actually WANT to read. I think few people really are. O.k., now on to RSS feeds...

I've been on bloglines for a few years now, but do not have much time to keep up on my feeds. More on that in the next post.

No comments: